(Updated May 4, 2015)
Properties with even-numbered addresses may irrigate Mondays and Fridays. Properties with odd-numbered addresses may irrigate Tuesdays and Saturdays. The new restriction applies to potable water users; recycled water customers may continue irrigating on a three times per week schedule. Watering is permitted at any time using a hose with an automatic shut-off nozzle, a 5-gallon bucket or a drip irrigation system. The Board of Directors of Las Virgenes Municipal Water District approved this restriction at their meeting on April 28, 2015. Customers will be given time to make adjustments to their irrigation controllers. Customers are advised to speak with their landscape contractor about this restriction. Enforcement begins June 1st 2015.
Violation of the outdoor irrigation restriction and conservation measures below are subject to fines. Customers shall be notified in writing for the 1st violation. Subsequent violations within a twelve-month period are subject to a $100 fine for the 2nd time, $200 for the 3rd time, and $500 for the 4th time. For the 5th time, flow restrictors may be installed or service may be terminated.
The following conservation measures are in effect:
- Potable water shall not be used to clean or sweep hard surfaces such as sidewalks, walkways, driveways or parking areas and only as necessary to protect public health and safety.
- Hotels, motels and other places for commercial transient occupancy shall offer guests who stay more than one night the opportunity to retain towels and linens during their stay.
- Restaurants may only serve water upon request.
- Car washing is permitted only with the use of a nozzle having an automatic shut-off.
- Fountains and other decorative water features shall recirculate water.
- Irrigation shall occur after 5:00 p.m. and before 10:00 a.m. No irrigation is permitted during and within 48 hours following measurable rainfall.
- Irrigation shall not run off to streets, gutters or adjacent properties.
Recycled water customers may be on a different irrigation schedule upon demonstration, through a site visit, that they are using water efficiently and achieving the water use reduction. These customers may contact the District at (818) 251-2200 to request a site visit.
Click here for the News Release (dated April 30, 2015)